Friday, February 03, 2006

Pink Panther movie...um, why?

The title about says it all. Shouldn't there be some kind of unwritten rule about remakes? It seems utterly unnecessary, given the fact that Peter Sellers was, well Peter Sellers and I don't see how you could do it better, or come off as anything but a Peter Sellers imitation. Is the well that dry? Are there no ideas?

Now, I'm always criticizing people who rip movies before they come out, my philosophy being see the damn thing before you comment on it so perhaps I'm violating my own rules here. However, my criticism is not of the movie but the decision to do it.

Also note that in the ads for the film they mention it as being "from the director of Cheaper By The Dozen" as if that's going to make you stand up in your living room and proclaim, "oh, now I'm definitely going to see that!"

1 comment:

Laura said...

As if the choice to redo Cheaper By the Dozen wasn't bad enough, they couldn't even stick to the story! I harbor no hope for Pink Panther.